Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Cherish the Word


Okay, Ocean flow is going to be the way to go. They will be so much wacky nonsense published here. Hey, you don't have to be reading this. I'm not some teenager that need your attention. I'm not some teenager that writes, "today, I am bored. I don't know what I will do. I am just yawning. I think I will turn over and go back to sleep. Life is so boring."

No, I am simply someone who is trying to see how quickly my dictation can go. Can I actually dictate 150 wpm? I don't think I can but I'm ready to give it a try. And the accuracy is important to me. If I have to stop every few minutes, or even less, to fix mistakes here with this software, and I have defeated my purpose. So I have to work in such a way that I do as little correcting as possible. And the only way that will happen is the more I speak and the clearer the program understands my diction.

OK, so what do I want to talk about? Do I want to comment on the news of the day? Do I want to give political prose, poetic thoughts, or other such nonsense?

I don't know. That's not important to me. What is more important to me is the rapidfire pronunciation of words clearly articulated and in such a way that I don't hesitate that much between them. Okay, I know this is sounding stupid, but hey I warned you, you don't have to be reading this nonsense.

And me? I'm like a child in a candy store. I am so excited to see my own words scroll quickly on the screen and not have to be dependent on the typing them. Not a big achievement or accomplishment to you perhaps, but to me, for reasons that I know and you will not, it is very important and significant.

So go words go. Fill up the screen if you're ultimate beauty. Allow yourself the flow like the ocean. Be like a Niagara Falls that falls in all of your splendor and rainbow coloration. That every letter be another droplets and every word be a cup of water. And every sentence the way, and every paragraph a lake. Let every page be a river, and every book in ocean.

Now come to the ocean with me. Comments of water and swim through the pages of wisdom and knowledge that have been collectively gathered by the great sages of old. Look at the teachings of yesteryear, the insights of the ancients, and a brilliant capacity of each generation to preserve its deepest thoughts in the written and printed word.

Cherish the word. It is our greatest treasure.

No comments: